Pages - Menu

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Five Minute Friday-Messenger

A couple days ago, I was very excited to see that my boss read one of my blog posts, and so I in passing thanked her for reading. She was very complimentary, expressing how much she'd enjoyed the post. Then she asked me the following question:

"So, why does one blog anyway? Like, what's the point?"

I quickly responded, "I blog because I've been looking for my story online. No one else had it that I could find easily, and so I felt I needed to put it out there." I've struggled for awhile with the questions, "what's my calling/purpose","what's God's will for my life?". Not to say that blogging is His grand plan for me (also not to say that it isn't), but I do believe that when He's placed something in you, from birth or during your development, you should utilize and act upon it. I write.And now, I blog.

Now that I blog, I struggle with the worry that no one's listening. It's just occurred to me though- God's given me my story, and he's given me the ability to write and relate to others. So, whether I reach 10 or 10,000, I'm fulfilling my purpose (at the moment, anyway).
Five Minute Friday

9 comments:

  1. Hello I am a FMF friend, you know we blog because we have something to share and if Father wills it people will read it but what matters most I think is how much God loves our voices and our thoughts and how we want to make the world better somehow. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Aliyah (setapartwarrior.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! It all comes down to WHO exactly is supposed to get the glory out of what we do, right? Thank you so much for visiting! I'll visit your page later on today!

      Delete
  2. I complete understand your feelings! It's hard to remember that the reach isn't as important as the impact, and that sometimes, the purpose is more for you than your readers. Sometimes, you just need to tell the stories!

    Glad I stopped over from FMF friend! Love the post, and the honesty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reach versus impact... I'm going to seriously place a post-it on my laptop to remind me of that! My primary reason for starting the blog was for myself...so that I could have an outlet. Then, it's for others like me that may need to know they're not alone. If I've reached one, mission complete! Thank you so much for stopping by! I'll visit your page later on today!

      Delete
  3. Keep writing and writing and writing.
    Jesus is faithful to make much of our small offerings!
    So glad to meet you from FMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try, Lori!! Sometimes, I'm stuck in blogger's paralysis just waiting for the "perfect post". This was my first FMF, and I'm so happy to have found it! Hopefully, it'll unclog my brain, and get me to write with less apprehension! Thanks so much for taking the time out to read my blog- I'm sure you know how huge that is! I'll be sure to visit your page later on today!!!

      Delete
  4. God is working through you to tell a story no one else has, Your story. Keep writing, God is using you. Glad to find your blog today in FMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and amen, Abby! Thank you soooo much for visiting! I really appreciate it! I'll be sure to stop by your webhome later today!

      Delete
  5. Beautifully put! How I feel exactly: "I blog because I've been looking for my story online. No one else had it that I could find easily, and so I felt I needed to put it out there." I'm glad we have found each other now! Keep blogging mama! You are doing a fantastic job. xoxo

    ReplyDelete