Pages - Menu

Saturday, April 12, 2014

My So-Called Blended Life....the background

Hi There!

It occurred to me this weekend, that I am learning so much about life, relationships, parenting, and more from my so-called blended family...and that others may benefit (especially if you're like me, Googling frantically for the all-elusive manual on parenting/step-parenting, and being a wife, etc.). If you've found me that way...I hope I can give...HOPE.

Background on my life is that I am a 33 year old woman who has a 12 year old daughter from a previous marriage. I married a man, who's now 37, who has a 6 year old son from a previous marriage. My divorce was a "nice" divorce, as divorces go. My husband's...well...not so much. We began dating in January 2012, merged our families in May of that year, and were married in November of last year. Life has been INTERESTING, and we continue to learn each day how to be a part of a loving marriage (it's a challenge, 2nd time around), how to be better parents, how to step-parent, and how to co-parent.

We are a Christian family, and a part of our church's Blended Family ministry- a bible based support group of sorts. So, on top of everything I've mentioned already, we strive daily to do all of this in accordance with "The Good Book".

At the end of the day, my family is no different than any other family- we work, we laugh, we eat, we love, we get pissed, we yell, we cry. Our backdrop is a little different. I hope I can show that you are not alone...in a way I'm hoping you can show me I'M not alone.

For the sake of the blog, I'll refer to the cast of characters as Hubby, SSon, Daughter, SSon's mom, Daughter's Dad, and Sista-Momma (Daughter's Bonus Mom). Also, out of respect for my SSon's mother, I wont post any frontal pics of him.



Blessings,

U:)

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your insights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found me and I found you! We have similar blogging stories in that we are looking for encouragement and to encourage others! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete